The webservice-energy.org platform is an effort carried out by the center Observation, Impacts, Energy (O.I.E.) of MINES ParisTech / ARMINES and also from the SoDa Team toward the Energy and Environmental Community.
The webservice-energy.org platform is recognized as a GEOSS Community Portal. It has been previously registered in the GEOSS Data Provider Yellow Page listing and it is part of the Discovery and Access Broker (DAB) resources list. Consequently all resources deployed under these platforms are available in the GEO Portal.
The webservice-energy.org platform hosts a collection of Web Services offering data and applications in Renewable Energy and Environment.
The exploitation of Renewable Energy sources such as solar and wind energy requires accurate knowledge of the resources and their availability -in space and time- as well as accurate forecasts in the different phases of an energy system life cycle.
Web services are a efficient means to access to up-to-date knowledge by achieving connections, and facilitating exchange of data, applications, and information between actors. The Web services are made available to the community by various providers on a for-free access or restricted access basis.
Services are based either on:
- W3C standards (WSDL) and SOAP protocol
- or OGC Web Map Service (WMS), Web Feature Services (WFS), Web Processing Service (WPS) and Sensor Observation Services (SOS) and Thredds data Server (TDS)
You can access, search and discover hundreds of Energy and Environmental related resources by connecting to: Webservice-Energy Catalog
Webservice-Energy benefits from and provides support to various institutions, research project, SME's, international initiatives and learned society such as:
- The Global Atlas for Renewable Energy from IRENA
- Clean Energy Ministerial
- GEO / GEOSS
- IEA - SHC Task 46 and PVPS Task 12
- European Funded Projects:
- FP7 framework program (EnerGEO,ENDORSE)
- Horizon 2020 (ConnectinGEO)
- Horizon 2020 (NextGEOSS)
- Copernicus project
- Open Geospatial Consortium
- French Foreign Affair Ministry
- French local, regional and national research programs
- SME's (SoDa)
Several local and remote clients are exploiting and/or combining the webservice-energy.org resources. Examples of such graphical clients can be accessed through the webservice-Energy.org Tools & Applications section.