ENDORSE FP7 Project (2011-2013)
The project ENDORSE aims at a user-driven development of downstream services in renewable energies by exploiting the GMES Core Services (MACC, SAFER and Geoland 2) together with other EO/in-situ data and modelling. It addresses regional services promoting the energy use from sun, wind, and biomass, electricity grid management and building engineering through daylighting in buildings. The consortium has teamed with relevant users to stimulate the development of sustainable and transferable downstream services. ENDORSE will:
- develop and validate pre-market downstream services in collaboration with well-defined end-users by performing R&D activities or to enhance existing services by the new GMES core service capabilities and recent R&D results;
- assess the conditions for self-sustainability of these services through surveys and workshops with end-users;
- disseminate the achievements of the project to foster the use of Core Services data and other EO data by the renewable energies community. This includes feedbacks to Core Services and connection to other GMES projects relating to energy, such as EnerGEO;
- stimulate the market of downstream services in renewable energies towards the end-users community, and the development of such services by SMEs and other service-oriented companies by demonstrating precursors with documented conditions of sustainability.
The expected major outcomes of ENDORSE are:
- scientific advances in assessment of surface air temperature and solar radiation, and data fusion;
- a set of validated and documented innovative methods exploiting CoreServices data and other EO data;
- a portfolio of pre-market services, serving as precursors and examples of best practices for similar downstream services (other regions, other providers), with documented conditions of sustainability;
- a stimulation of the renewable energies community towards exploitation of Core Services data and other EO data;
- a stimulation of the service industry towards development of downstream services;
- feedbacks to Core Services on their data, and as a whole to GMES and GEOSS on the exploitation of EO data in renewable energies area.
The ENDORSE web site has been closed in 2021. For any information about the project please contact "lionel.menard @ mines-paristech.fr"